Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Renewal

A couple of weeks ago I hung a small bird feeder on my front porch. I was afraid that it was too close to a large bay window and that the birds wouldn't come to it. But they immediately started using it. I've enjoyed watching the sparrows and house finches feed from the feeder and also sit in the shrubs outside the window and hop around on the front porch.

Spring is here. After last week's very needed rain, this week has been pleasant and full of sunshine. A wonderful week for Spring Break.

The beautiful weather coupled with a spiritual renewal has led me to begin organizing my house. I started with the piles of clutter around my computer table and bill paying desk. Then today I finally got my sewing/craft room organized. I unpacked boxes and cleared out enough stuff that I can actually do some sewing. I'm looking forward to delving into some creative endeavors that I've been longing to do.

I hope I can continue to eliminate the clutter in my life and to focus less on acquiring things and more on developing relationships with others and with God.

1 comment:

Katherine E. said...

I didn't know you sewed. Can't wait to see your new creations!