Today is my birthday and it has been one of the best I've ever had.
One of the good things about having a birthday on New Year's Eve is that I can invite people over to celebrate but I can call it a New Year's Eve party and they don't have to know it's my birthday and then think they have to bring presents, etc. Instead they just show up for a regular party and we all have fun and I get what I what for my birthday--an evening with good friends and fellowship.
That's what I did today. Invited some people over. De-cluttered and cleaned my house (it looks great!). Cooked food I wanted--ham, sweet potatoes, broccoli slaw, Aunt Millie's rolls and topped it off with German chocolate cake (made from scratch, of course). Used my beautiful china (for the first time in the 28, almost 29, years that I've owned it I used all 12 place settings at once.) Enjoyed the company of good friends. Then we went to a uplifting Taize service.
What a wonderful way to celebrate the end of the year and my birthday! (And Judy's birthday too.)
Yes, this was one of the best birthdays ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for being born on New Years Eve. Thanks for having a GREAT GREAT party. And thanks for inviting us!
Post a Comment